Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 7-Emily

It's been a couple of days since my last post, sorry everyone! :) We're still doing 100% raw, and this weekend it has been really hard for me. I decided to make a salsa to get rid of my mexican craving. I put three roma tomatoes in the blender with a handful of cilantro and one clove of garlic and pureed it. Then I added one chopped tomato and the juice of one lime to the puree. I served it over shredded iceberg lettuce, and it was sort of like a mexican taco salad.

We also started drinking a new smoothie, thanks to April who gave us a new recipe. The smoothie is just grapefruit and bananas, and we've tried several combinations this week for the ratio. Today we had 8 juiced grapefruit and 3 bananas in the blender. I love the fruit smoothies. They are the things helping me through the days.
We bought a lot of food in bulk this week as a household. All together we bought 3 cases of grapefruit, 1 case of bananas, 1 case of avocados, and tons of other produce. It's nice to leave the market with a car load of living food, and not processed junk in bags and boxes. I'm hoping this is going to get easier for me, because all I can think about is eating baked macaroni and cheese and ribs. But maybe in a few days I won't want salty saucy food. We'll see.........
-Emily

4 comments:

  1. Way to go being proactive with addressing your cravings. You guys are on a great path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya'll are doing great! I want to make myself salsa, it sounds delicious, I will probably add some guacamole to mine though :-). Try and focus on the raw foods that you really love and don't be hard on yourself :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I LOVE Mexican food--and that has been one of the hardest things! I love this idea and am going to try your recipe! I've been putting a mixture of lettuces, peppers, onions, salsa, and some hot sauce together to make a raw taco salad myself! This tomato-based one looks great!!! :) YUM! keep up the awesome work! Love your blog, btw. :)

    http://livewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up! It's great how you're so resourceful...making your own salsa! I agree with April, how about some guac to spice things up?

    ReplyDelete