Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Back in the Habit

Hi everyone, I just want to apologize in advance for being so slow on posts. It's finals time, and life has been chaotic. Also, my camera broke and I just got it back from Olympus today, hopefully it will work!
I made a video with some of mine and April's recipes to present my research in my lit class that I wrote the paper for. Here is the link to the video on youtube. They made me change the song, I originally used "America" by Simon and Garfunkel. It's my favorite song. Be sure and let me know what you think, whether here or there! If the music isn't working by the time you watch, I'm sorry. I'm willing to email you my original if you'd like! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ1LS4jgBUA
In other news: We tried eating cooked vegan food again. A few times. And all I can compare the following day to is having a hangover. Cooked food just isn't the same. We tried brown rice, potatoes, black beans, rice noodles, garden burgers, and a few other things. It just doesn't do it like raw food does. I gained back two pounds that I had lost, over the course of eating small amounts of cooked food during the week, and we also added salt back to the diet and it made me bloated. My face also broke out, and I caught a cold. Each time we eat cooked vegan food it just reinforces what we already know. That a raw food diet is the best for you.
We bought some raw cacao powder and have been blending it with frozen bananas to make chocolate icecream. Things have been fantastic. And we only have two more weeks and we'll be on our way to Hawaii for the summer! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I watched your video and LOVED it! Would you ever share your pizza recipe?! That looked INCREDIBLE! :)

    Interesting that even cooked VEGAN foods cause such a drastic changes to your body! Another reason to stop giving in to those cravings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i get the same way with cooked food--feels like a hangover. particularly with starches like potatoes and rice. it is natural to want to try some cooked food again. it slows the detox process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get the recipe for the raw pizza on April's blog at rawfoodpassion.blogspot.com
    She has a recipe bar on the right hand side of the page. I recommend Pizza II.

    ReplyDelete