Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 2-Stephen

Hi everyone. Today's breakfast was the usual, two young coconuts and two bananas blended together. (Pictured below) For lunch Emily and I made a big salad with leafy greens, green onion, white onion, beets, carrots, broccoli, and cucumber (also pictured below) and another fruit salad with pineapple, apple, banana, and strawberry. 

We typically eat similar things everyday, so for dinner we decided to mix it up. Emily made what she calls "Boaties". They consisted of four large romaine lettuce leaves (which are rounded so they look like boats) filled with two smashed avocados mixed with one whole juiced lemon and covered in 1/2 of a shredded cucumber and two shredded whole carrots. They don't look like much, but they are green bundles of deliciousness. :) 

I have struggled with acne for about three years and my skin is finally clearing up thanks to this lifestyle change. I have been using a mix of coconut oil and turmeric powder on my face, which I sleep in, as well as rubbing it down with raw garlic and letting it sit for 1 hour before washing it off. I have read that garlic can burn the skin so I pay attention to the way my face is feeling. 
Garlic has many health benefits like being a natural anti-biotic, anti-viral, and anti-fungal and also breaks down heavy metals in the blood stream, so it cleans your liver. I eat 1-2 cloves of raw garlic every day.
I do many things to promote my health, and Emily has even started referring to me as a witch doctor. But I am looking forward to being the healthiest me that nature intends.
-Stephen


1 comment:

  1. LOVE what you said that you're looking forward to being the healthiest you that nature intends! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that!! ME TOO!!!

    ReplyDelete